Thursday, October 3, 2013

Apples: Picking to Pie!

One of our favorite Fall activities is apple picking!
I was joking with Brad when we arrived at the apple orchard, that anytime you see an apple tree in a children's book or drawing, the trees are always tall and majestic.  When in reality, apple trees are like overgrown bushes!
It's like a Napolean complex for trees.
But we don't mind because these overgrown bushes are just the right size for climbing!

Even Jami was able to pick an apple or two. 
Which she immediately ate right down to the core!


When we got home we pulled out the all in one peeler/corer/slicer that my sweet sister gave to me.


Check out this bad boy in action!  
We peeled, cored and sliced 5 apples in under 5 minutes!

Here are my beautifully prepared apples just waiting for my yummy crumb topping!
And no I don't have a picture of the finished pie...that bad boy was also done in under 5 minutes!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh. Yum. I cannot wait to go apple picking here!